Before you go camping this summer, you should know how you can keep your family and the wilderness safe.
Camping is a fun way to get family and friends together to enjoy the outdoors. In order to stay as safe as possible as you venture into the wild, you should plan ahead. Follow these safety tips to make sure your camping trip is safe and healthy.
Get vaccinated. Vaccines can help protect against certain diseases and conditions while you camp. Check with your doctor to see if you’ve had all the right shots to keep you safe from the hazards that exist in the wilderness.
Prepare safe food and water.
- Pack foods in tight, waterproof bags or containers. Keep them in an insulated cooler.
- Wash hands and surfaces often. Use hand sanitizer if water is not available.
- Separate raw foods from cooked foods.
- Cook foods to proper temperatures.
- Chill foods promptly.
- Be sure to wash your food before your trip to eliminate carrying in invasive species that could ruin the entire ecosystem.
Extinguish Fires. When you’re done using the camping site, make sure that your fire is cooled and completely extinguished. 90 percent of wildfires are caused by humans.
Camping should be fun! And with the right insurance policy, you can get the peace of mind you deserve when you sleep under the stars. To get the coverage your home should have, contact Perry & Carroll in Elmira today.