When you first purchased your home, you probably thought all the hard work was done. However, within months of moving in, you were probably faced with a reality check. Your home requires constant attention and upkeep. As we prepare to welcome the new season, we must take out the fall home maintenance checklist and get started. We have separated important fall maintenance tasks for you based on months so that you do not have to do it all at once:
September Home Maintenance Checklist:
- If you have a furnace, now is the time to change the filter and give it a good cleaning. Despite how inexpensive of a task this is, many homeowners’ neglect their furnace. Clean furnaces are both cost-effective and eco-friendly.
- Now is a good time to also clean the gutters so that running water can run smoothly throughout the rainy season. Remove all debris and leaves from your gutters and repair any faulty zones.
October Home Maintenance Checklist:
- It is about that time where we start depending on our heating systems to survive the chill of winter. To utilize the most hot air from your heating system, you will want to go around the house and caulk any cracks in your windows and doors. Seal all exposed areas in all windows and doors.
- Now is also a good time to take out the paint brush and fix any dings on the walls of each room.
- If you have not already done so, you will want to put away all summer and fall clothes and invite your winter coats back to the front of your closet.
Contact Perry & Carroll for all of your Elmira, New York homeowners’ insurance needs. Your biggest investment deserves unparalleled protection. Allow us to provide you with peace of mind knowing your home is adequately protected.