Riding a motorcycle offers a certain freedom that is not found behind the wheel of a car, but it can also be extremely dangerous to ride.
Motorcyclists know there is a difference in driving a car and riding a motorcycle. There is a certain freedom that cannot be duplicated nor experienced from behind the wheel of a car. It forces you to not only become more aware of your surroundings, but it also brings riders closer to the road. Unfortunately, because motorcycles are so small and offer little to no protection, your chances of being hit by a car is big. Here are a few tips on how you can reduce your risk of being hit by a car.
- Avoid driving in the driver´s blind spot. Not all of them turn to check if there is someone approaching from the rear, and even if they do, they may not see your slim motorcycle.
- Avoid speeding through intersections to give you enough time to come to a complete stop.
- Always turn on your headlights and use your turning signals for any and all turns.
- Wear bright and reflective clothing, the more visible you are, the lesser your chances.
- Always wear protective gear because you should always hope for the best, but expect the worst.
The right motorcycle insurance policy will financially protect you against the dangers of the road. Contact insurance experts Perry & Carroll in Elmira, New York for all of your car insurance coverage needs.