Now that the fall season is rapidly approaching, it is time to prepare your home for the colder days and winter weather. While New York often predicts severe weather during the later months of the year, it is important to be prepared for any and all weather conditions that may arise.
10 tips to prepare your home:
• Get the chimney cleaned by a professional
• Have a furnace cleaned and inspected by a qualified technician
• Check for damage on the roof
• Clean the gutters and downspouts to keep debris accumulating
• Remove all traces of lint and dust in and underneath the dryer
• Keep a fire extinguisher accessible
• Inspect your smoke detectors
• Examine your electrical outlets for any frayed wires or loose-fitting plugs
• Insulate water pipes in areas that are exposed in cold temperatures
• Review your homeowners insurance
Make sure that you have quality homeowners insurance so that you and your home are properly protected during the fall season! Contact Perry & Carroll for the best insurance coverage in Elmira, New York to suit your needs and budget!