My mom/dad passed away. What do I need to do to properly insure their home?

You should notify your agent anytime there is a change in occupancy. We’ll work with you during the transition to provide the best coverage while the home is being settled.

Another important thing to note: If the home is vacant for 60 or more days the policy needs to be rewritten to a vacant home policy. If the home is not properly insured a claim could be denied.