Secure reliable business insurance to protect against common claims.
As a small business owner, you’ve likely heard that business insurance is important. However, most business owners fall into the trap of believing that insurance is only for extraordinary events. Unfortunately, workplace losses occur much more frequently than business owners anticipate. To help you secure the right protection, check out common small business insurance claims and how to prevent them!
Burglary and Theft
- Install security systems to protect your business against theft and burglary
- Secure all doors, windows, or other access points when the business is unattended, and install adequate lighting in exterior and interior areas to deter trespassers.
- Conduct background checks on employees, and enlist their help in reducing theft.
- Keep walkways and floors dry and clear of tripping hazards. Provide adequate lighting in all rooms and hallways.
- Keep access to dangerous areas of your business strictly restricted.
- Put systems in place to ensure you handle clients’ property with care and diligence. Train employees on these systems.
- Understand the risk and likelihood of storms in your area.
- Prune any overhanging tree branches and trim bushes.
- Regularly check that your building is in good condition, particularly the roof and gutters.
- Plan for the possibility of an extended power outage, including where you would relocate any perishable stock, or arrange for Business Interruption cover.