Prepare your RV for the summer ahead with these tips!
Finally, the weather is getting warmer, and that means recreational vehicle owners are planning their spring and summer journeys. If you have an RV, you’ll get to enjoy the experience of the open road ahead and getting to sleep wherever you want along the road – who could want more freedom than that? With that mind, it’s important to keep your RV in good condition since it will be your set of wheels and your home for a period of time. Check out these RV maintenance tips to help you prepare your vehicle for summer.
- Clean it throughout! Perform a detailed cleaning on your interior and dry it thoroughly to prevent the accumulation of mildew or mold.
- Replace batteries in your smoke alarm, flashlights, and all-weather radios.
- Double-check your alarm systems.
- Get a fire extinguisher or review the one you have to ensure it’s still in good condition.
- Inspect the filters on your generator and then run it for a couple of hours.
- If your RV has a canvas top, inspect it thoroughly for tears or rotten sections. Water pooling on your RV’s roof can cause big problems.
- Wash the entire exterior, including the awning.
- Replace any water filter cartridges you removed when you tucked your RV away for winter.
- Carefully inspect your windows for cracks or gaps in the seals. If you do see cracks or gaps, you may need professional repair.
- Check your tires. Make sure they’re inflated to the right pressure and inspect them to ensure there are no cracks, rips, or nails on them.
- Spray a common lubricant like WD-40 on locks, hinges, and other metallic areas to help keep metal rust-free and working smoothly.
While you’re at it, ensure that you have optimum coverage for the road trip season ahead. At Perry & Carroll, we can help. Contact us to learn how we can protect your ride and drive through reliable RV insurance in Elmira, New York!