Spring Cleaning and Home Maintenance Tips
Spring has sprung which means it is time to conduct some basic spring cleaning. It is time for homeowners to diligently mark off each item from their spring home maintenance checklist, which is why we have gathered a few helpful spring cleaning and home maintenance tips for your convenience:
- To protect your home from flooding, you will want to make sure that your gutters and downspouts are clear of debris. This allows water to flow through naturally.
- It is important to have a professional roofer inspect one of the most important areas of your home at least once a year. This ensures that any damaged shingles are repaired or replaced, protecting your home from floods. A properly inspected roof also allows you to feel confident that the cool air coming from your air conditioning is not seeping out.
- Speaking of air conditioning, you will want to have a HVAC specialist inspect your systems before the summer scorchers arrive.
- In efforts to utilize the cool air coming from your air conditioning system, it is important that you take some time to repair any weather stripping damage. Failure to complete this task may result in unnecessarily high air conditioning costs.
- To ensure that you are able to jumpstart spring on a fresh, clean foot, take some time to de-clutter. This will not only make the transition into the new season easier, but it will also make it more pleasant and aesthetically pleasing.
Are you ready for spring’s arrival? Contact Perry & Carroll in Elmira for all of your New York homeowner’s insurance needs.