As a New York resident, chances are you enjoy leisure rides on your snowmobile when our beautiful state becomes blanketed with snow. To ensure that your most enjoyable winter ride receives the protection it deserves and you can continue riding for years to come, it is imperative that you follow these winter sports safety tips and seek the appropriate coverage:
- Snowmobile Insurance Coverage – In order to cruise the snowy hills with peace of mind and confidence, you must have a snowmobile insurance policy. Unfortunately, many individuals assume they will receive coverage under their standard auto insurance policy, only to find out they are lacking coverage once it is already too late. Accidents are inevitable, so obtaining an exclusive snowmobile insurance policy can help protect you from financial loss.
- Weather Watch – Before you head out for a ride, make sure to check the weather conditions so that you do not become stranded after a storm’s arrival. Additionally, it is important that you check the trail conditions and plan your route out in advance using trail maps to ensure safety.
- Riding Sober – Even though there are fewer distractions and fewer crowds on the mountains, riding your snowmobile while intoxicated can prove to leave fatal consequences. Implement a zero alcohol consumption rule.
- Pairs – Even if you are urging to go on a ride and none of your friends are available, never ride alone. If your snowmobile becomes disabled, you will be out in the cold by yourself.
- Appropriate Gear – Most importantly, never navigate the snowy roads and hills without the proper gear on. You should be wearing a snowmobile suit, bibs, gloves, mittens, jackets, a helmet, and a facemask and make sure to have nonperishable food and water on you, just in case.