Celebrating Fourth of July often involves delicious traditional American eats. One of the best parts of celebrating America’s Independence is indulging on all of your favorite traditional foods. If you will be attending a 4th of July BBQ and want to bring a dish to impress your friends, we highly recommend this Fourth of July flag cake recipe. This American classic not only looks like a flag, but has its roots in history too! We recommend fixing up this dish, but be careful, you will most likely be handed the torch to make all the deserts at upcoming parties after this one!
Fourth of July Flag Cake Recipe
What you will need:
- 1 Package of Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 Container of Frozen Whipped Topping, Thawed
- 1 Pint of Blueberries, Rinsed & Drained
- 2 Pints of Fresh Strawberries, Rinsed & Sliced
How to prepare:
- Start be preparing the cake according to the instructions listed on the package and bake in a 9×13 inch pan. Wait until the cake has completely cooled to continue.
- Next, frost the cake with the whipped topping, and place the blueberries in the corner of the cake in a square. Next, arrange the sliced strawberries to mirror the stripes of the American flag.
- Chill before serving.
Happy Fourth of July! Please celebrate safely and responsibly! We hope you enjoy this Fourth Of July Flag Cake Recipe! Contact Perry & Carroll in Elmira for all of your New York insurance needs.