Home maintenance checklist to do when the time changes this fall.
On November 1st, it’s time to “fall back” because daylight saving time ends at 2:00 a.m. When you change the clocks, it’s the perfect time to tackle those twice-yearly home maintenance to-dos. By getting in the habit of doing them when the time changes, you’ll never forget these important tasks!
- Swap out the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and test that these devices are working.
- Check your first aid kit and medicine cabinet. Toss any expired medications and products and replace them as necessary.
- Vacuum out the coils of your refrigerator.
- Check your home’s air filter (you should do this every few months) and swap it out if it’s dirty.
- Switch the direction of your ceiling fan.
- Test that your fire extinguisher still works.
- Touch up the caulking around your showers and tubs.
- Clean your exterior dryer vent.
- Clear all debris out of your gutters and downspouts.
- Wash your windows.
- Walk through your home and look for hazards like a loose step or poorly placed piece of furniture.
Another important part of maintaining your home through the seasons is carrying the right New York homeowners insurance policy. To get the coverage your home should have, contact Perry & Carroll in Elmira today!