Start off the new school year right with enforcing good precautions.
With your kids back in school, it is an important time of year to protect and prevent any injuries and illnesses! You can start by preparing your child for the new school year by following these safety tips:
Use Extra Caution Around Schools
- Drive slowly in a neighborhood or around a school at all times – there may be stragglers leaving school late!
- Watch out for children on bicycles and safely share the road with them.
- Note that children may forget to look both ways before crossing the road, so be prepared to stop at any time.
Send Kids Off to School Safely
- Ensure your child has the proper equipment and uniform for sports matches and games.
- Teach your child to never play with dangerous playground material such as loose screws, sharp edges, or splintered wood.
- Educate your child in school bus safety: always wear a seatbelt, wait for the bus to stop before getting up from your seat, and keep the aisles clear of books and bags.
- If your child walks to and from school, communicate that they shouldn’t listen to their music when trying to cross busy streets or on a bustling sidewalk.
Protect New Teen Drivers
- When it is bad weather, join your teen in the car so that they can advance their handling skills.
- Review your auto insurance policy so that your family car and teenager are properly protected.
Visit Perry & Carroll for all of your insurance needs in Elmira, New York. So that you can properly relax into the school year, we provide each individual with the correct insurance to suit their requirements and budget. Contact us here.