Protect your personal possessions with Equipment Breakdown Coverage.
Any homeowner will know that replacing and repairing appliances such as furnaces, air conditioners, fridges, and TVs can get very expensive very quickly. What’s worse is that you don’t know when these appliances will go kaput, so there’s no way of being prepared. These expensive items in the household are not only incredibly useful (and often necessary) but items that you don’t want to go without for too long. That’s why Equipment Breakdown Coverage is a must for every homeowner!What is Equipment Breakdown Coverage?
This coverage is added to your homeowners insurance policy so that you’re ready when your appliances suddenly stop working. If a covered appliance breaks down, you’ll pay a deductible and the insurance company can cover the rest. The cost of repairing major appliances can be significant, meaning this small deductible could seem like a bargain.
What appliances does it cover?
Typically, this coverage will protect the following:
- Washers and dryers
- Refrigerators and freezers
- Ovens and microwaves
- Garbage disposals
- Home security systems
What else does it cover?
- Expedited expense– If you need your appliances replaced or repaired immediately.
- Spoilage– The cost of ruined food after an appliance breaks.
- Pollutant clean-up and removal– Pays for the clean-up and disposal/removal of hazardous substances.
- Environmental safety and efficiency improvements– Covers the extra cost of replacing older appliances with newer models that are better for the environment, safer or more efficient.
You’re going to need the right homeowners insurance to have you covered, so it’s best to take your time. Contact the independent insurance professionals Perry & Carroll in Elmira, New York for all of your homeowners insurance coverage needs.